My Favorite

My Favorite

Monday, March 30, 2015

Week 12 - #2015PCChallenge - My First Bangle :)

Hi Everyone,

My apologies for the late blog again and late submission for the last week. I feel, I will have this challenge every time.

This week, I am so happy because after many months of 'wanting' to make a bangle, I finally finished one. I had multiple thoughts for the bangles - simple to complex one but couldn't jump to the complex one at first (mainly because of time issues), So I tried this simple one.

I had something like this in mind for a necklace but that would have taken significant time, dedication and efforts so I thought to transfer my idea to bangle. Thanks to all polymer clay artists who have given small tips on making the round shape... I being a very restricted oven user is scared of even putting glass/aluminum into high heat.. eventually I read and found that its safe.

I tried the round shape on Bear bottles..yes, they have use apart of making you drunk :).

I wanted to try subtle acrylic colors.. and various texture / scratch designs which enhance polymer clay. At the same time, I wanted to try fire color flash .

 
 
Material I used is the Black polymer clay, acrylic colors as you see in shades (green, yellow, red) and the bright lava color for the top irregular toppings :).
 
 
Frankly, I wanted to have some cracks on the top but while doing it through heat gun. While doing the process..something in between look appeared which I loved and stopped then and there.
 
 
The threading fits perfectly into the hand shape!!
 
Well, I am really happy with the results - and why not its my first polymer clay bangle :)
 
Thanks,
Rashi
 
Happy Claying!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment