My Favorite

My Favorite

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Week 17 - #2015PCChallenge

Hello Everyone,

Well, I read the rule in PC challenge which  says that 'pieces which are made for custom orders should not be placed (& I agree)' but I will still share 2 of my pieces in challenge because both the pieces are something which I wanted to make from quite sometime and used certain techniques which were first time to me (few in my own ways). This happened because someone wanted me to make pieces but pure on my discretion hence, I got chance to materialize my thoughts.

Anyway, I think I mentioned in my earlier blogs that I love playing with shapes and multiple surface textures and designs. This piece is another thought process of mine to make unstructured shapes yet organized in a very representable manner with multiple textures over it - not making it loud at the same time.

I had few thoughts so laid the structure over page...shapes trying to make them look good together (will also add the page pic later). I was very clear about the color tone - Red & white (as that was the only demand from my friend).

Anyway, I took some time to decide on overall textures, interplay of skinner blends, canes and 1-2 beads with texture sheets. Well, I earned lot of patience in past few months hence, spend good time in cutting page templates for each bead as planned and proceed with further designs. I realized that this actually help instead of wasting time in doing it directly without prior preparation. I am sure with extensive experience, it becomes super easy for people.

Once baking was done, I did the basic sanding as too much was not possible due to structure of beads and polishing with renaissance wax. I really like the light natural sheen wax adds to beads.

And here is the final piece, again overall happy with the outcome.




Another important thing for me was to decide on the lock. Somehow, I keep very high attention for locks of my jewelry and always try to make them myself instead of putting the purchased ones. if the lock is also in line with the necklace beads, it really adds a fabulous completion to the piece. I didn't do any complicated but a simple Tug lock system.

A closer look at the lock and beads:





The lock is flexible and length can be adjusted in the neck (till the length of the hanging backstring seen in the pic).

I was very specifically enthusiastic about the 'pinching technique' I used in one of the bead from acrylic colors.

Well, that's it for this piece. Hope you like it.

Give your feedback for sure.

Happy claying!
Rashi

16th May 2015











 

No comments:

Post a Comment